Asra Oberoi, M.D. – Houston Bio-identical Doctor
Houston Bio-identical Doctor, Asra Oberoi, M.D. has been in practice since 1996. She opened one of the first medical spas in the Houston area and is passionate about helping people look and feel their best, through the latest non-invasive cosmetic treatments and hormone optimization programs.
Dr. Oberoi is fully trained and certified as a BioTE® specialist for Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, and is the Medical Director for Ovation Med Spa® in Houston, TX, recently nominated as one of the Best Aesthetic Practice’s in the USA. In addition to BioTE® Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Ovation Med Spa® offers the latest advances in non-surgical Skin Rejuvenation and Body Contouring, Laser Hair Removal, as well as standards like Botox, and cosmetic fillers.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance, Dominance, or Deficiency
Specialized programs can help men and women to overcome the challenges associated with hormonal imbalances. Because hormones control a wide number of functions, imbalances can create numerous inconvenient symptoms. Asra Oberoi, M.D. has used Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to reduce several symptoms related to hormonal imbalances and decline. Some of the symptoms that can be improved with hormonal imbalances include:
- Weight Loss Resistance
- A common complaint that women have during perimenopause and menopause is weight gain. Despite eating right and exercising, many women begin to notice that they are putting on more body fat; this is often due to imbalances within estrogen and progesterone. Balancing these two hormones can help metabolism and reduce water weight.
- Low Libido
- Stress, aging, and dietary factors can all influence sex hormone production, and dropping levels of sex hormones often lead to low libido. Correcting imbalances with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can restore hormone balance and improve overall sex drive.
- Difficulty falling and staying asleep can occur with hormonal imbalances; Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to reduce insomnia and regulate sleep patterns.
- A less than optimal endocrine system can reduce vitality and lead to fatigue; balancing hormones can increase energy levels and reduce feelings of tiredness or lethargy.
- Memory Loss
- Hormones work to maintain the integrity of the memory and detoxify the brain, and as aging occurs, many people experience memory loss, cognitive decline, and mental fogginess.
Estrogen dominance can lead to excessive tissue growth in the uterus; when ratios of estrogen and progesterone are balanced, women can reduce the risk of developing fibroids and potentially prevent the enlargement of fibroids.
- Excessive growth of the endometrial lining of the uterus can lead to endometriosis. Estrogen dominance may fuel the development of this disorder, but balancing hormones may reduce the chances of developing endometriosis and prevent further tissue growth.
- Premenstrual Symptoms
- Countless women experience increased fatigue, sweet and salty cravings, mood swings, headaches, and cramping before their periods. These symptoms often occur as a result of hormonal imbalances; Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be able to improve overall health and reduce Pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Vaginal Dryness
- Lower levels of sex hormones can often lead to vaginal dryness, which can cause problems with sexual function. Restoring sex hormones can help women to reduce vaginal dryness and increase vaginal secretions.
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Lower levels of testosterone can cause men to experience erectile dysfunction; restoring hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men to improve sexual function and increase libido.
- Muscle Loss
Both men and women lose muscle mass with hormonal decline; balancing levels of testosterone with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to prevent muscle atrophy, while improving muscle tone.
In men, lower levels of testosterone can cause estrogen to rise, which may promote breast enlargement in men. Balancing testosterone can reduce estrogen and the appearance of enlarged male breasts.
Asra Oberoi, M.D. has helped countless patients to improve their overall health and quality of life with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Her specialized programs have allowed men and women to recapture their vitality and reduce the symptoms associated with aging and hormonal imbalances. As a Houston, Texas Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor, Asra Oberoi, M.D. has helped to restore her patients’ energy levels, improve their mental clarity, and increase their libido.